Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ford: A Message Of Hope

I am begining to think a lot of folks around this great state has the same sentiments as the author of the following letter that appeared in the Greenville Sun:

On Saturday August 5, 2006 the Tri-Cities was blessed with a visit from Congressman and United State Senate candidate Harold Ford Jr. I have had the opportunity to see Harold Ford Jr. on a number of occasions but this visit was very special to me as I brought my 16 year old step daughter and 5 year old granddaughter. We all very much enjoyed meeting Congressman Ford before we began our school shopping.

My father was a second generation and my mother was third generation Americans. They worked hard and played by the rules. I was the first in my family to graduate from college. I am living the “America Dream” that my parents and grandparents had envisioned.

However, my vision of the “American Dream” for my step daughter and granddaughter is dying. We are bogged down in Iraq with no end in site. We have debt for “as far as the eye can see” and college tuition prices spiraling out of control. To make matter worst we have ideologues who believe that their way is the only way, in control of our government.

You can see their work in this US Senate campaign as the RNC says Harold Ford Jr. is out of the mainstream. HOW DARE THEY TELL US HOW TO THINK! Only after careful thought and study, will we the voter of Tennessee make that decision.

The message of hope that Congressman Ford brought to the Tri-Cities on that Saturday afternoon was a simple one. He will provide the leadership that this country is so hungry for and, make government work for ALL Americans. So that my 16 year old stepdaughter, my 5 year old granddaughter, all children throughout this Great State of Tennessee and all over this great country have the opportunity to achieve the “American Dream”.

I hope all voters in the Tri-Cites will be able to meet with Congressman Ford and hear his message of hope and talk to him in person. He is a great man and will be an outstanding United State Senator!

God bless the Great State of Tennessee especially its children as we elect a new United State Senator.

Phil
Greeneville, TN


Remember our future when you go to polls this fall. One candidate represents more of the same and the other represents change.

We have saw what the current leadership has done. It is time for a new generation to lead.