Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Will Ed Bryant Drop Out?

Wow, look at the latest from TeamGOP's Jeff Ward regarding the Republican primary:

"Everyone know that I love rumors from good sources, so I will publish what I am hearing about the US Senate race for Tennessee in 2006. For the last quarter of 2005 Van Hilleary will report raising $300,000-$400,000, Bob Corker will report raising $600,000-$700,000. What I am hearing about Ed Bryant's fundraising sounded very negative so I will keep those numbers until I talk to someone in the Bryant camp.

Van Hilleary's new Political Director Matt Klemin will be starting soon. Matt recent experience is in races in Virginia and Mississippi and has a extensive 72 Hour Task Force experience. Matt was highly sought after for 2006 even by one of Van's opponents.

Bob Corker will reportedly begin spending some of his trust fund money and go up with television ads starting in March to raise his name recognition and combat his high negative ratings as well."

As we all know, the pro-Bryant blog, Blogging for Bryant, likes to call on Van Hilleary to drop out all the time, but has the time come for Ed to go?

We shall see.