Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Statement By Congressman Harold Ford Honoring The Life Of Dr. Adrian Rogers

Today, Congressman Harold Ford released the following statement paying tribute to the life of Dr. Adrian Rogers:

"The passing of a friend and spiritual titan saddens us all. His soaring sermons and conviction inspired a generation of worshippers, pastors and people of faith throughout the world. He was a gentle, caring and tolerant soul who believed in the power of his Savior to heal and transform lives. I shared that belief with him. He was indeed a good friend and advisor. And, I am not alone when I say, I will miss him. My prayers go out to his wife Joyce, his children Steve, Gayle, David and Janice, his nine grandchildren and his great-granddaughter, who was born yesterday. I also send my thoughts and prayers to his extended family at Bellevue Baptist Church."