Wednesday, November 09, 2005

'Ford Campaign Party With A Purpose' By Dignity615

Over the weekend, my good friend and fellow blog commenter, Dignity615, made the trip up to the homecoming festivities at TSU featuring Congressman Harold Ford Jr.

Her personal account of the weekend is below:

"I love a party with a purpose and that was exactly the festive atmosphere at the Harold Ford Jr. booth along the TSU Parade route.

Although I was nearly 2 hours late I had a lot of fun. I missed Harold Ford Jr. due to the bumper to bumper traffic and the fact that we had to park miles away and walk to Jefferson street.

Once we reached Jefferson street we ployed through thousands of people lining to street to watch the parade. I was able to stop by the Harold Ford Jr. campaign booth. As we approached campaign workers warmly greeted us offering us much needed water (Harold Ford Jr. bottled water I might add).

The hotdog and chips were added treats. I was able to get my aunt signed up as a volunteer for the HFJr. campaign. I also ran into my dear friend Minister Jerry Maynard , his wife Theresa and their son.

Steve McClure a Democrat running for County Clerk introduced himself to me and talked about his bid for that seat...McClure spotted some city officials in the parade. He then ran and jumped onto the firetruck that passed by with other city government officials. That was too funny to me. (only in Tennessee)

I met some of HFJr'.s Memphis staff. I was able to get photo's with HFJr.'s campaign manager Jim Hester, The woman behind the man, HFJr.'s Press Secretary Andora Andy who's always hard at work whenever I see her. Andy paused long enough for a picture."

Harold Ford Jr. has surrounded himself with a great bunch of people.